When a tornado warning is issued and you are
- In a house
- Go to the basement, get under a table, workbench or other sturdy furniture.
- If there is no basement, go into a small interior room on the lowest floor. Closets, bathrooms and interior halls afford the best protections. Stay away from windows!
- In an apartment
- Move to the innermost room on the lowest level or to a pre-designated shelter area. Crouch down and protect your head from the flying debris. Avoid areas with glass and large roof spans.
- In a mobile home or vehicle
- Abandon it immediately and seek and sturdy shelter or permanent structure.